Gina Lollobrigida was the Italian beauty who studied art and sculpture but became one of the most high profile European actresses of the 1950's and 1960's. She was not just a pretty face as she was also an accomplished photographer who arranged photo shoots with a host of the rich and famous. The legendary beauty was also good for a few one liners so here is my compilation of 12 of the best Gina Lollobrigida quotes. I hope you enjoy reading them
- Mini Bio
- Name: Luigina Lollobrigida
- Born: 4th July 1927, Subiaco, Italy
- Nicknames: La Lollo and The Mona Lisa of the 20th Century
- Height: 5' 2¼" (1.58 m)
- Occupation: Actress and sculptor
- Years active: 1946 until 1997
- Trade marks: Voluptuous figure and a seductive deep voice
- Love interest: The billionaire movie director and businessman spent 13 years pursuing Gina in an attempt to win her heart, he sadly failed
- Other works: She was also a photojournalist who scooped the worlds press in September 1974 by successfully conducting an interview with Cuban leader Fidel Castro
- Trivia: She was placed third in the Miss Italy competition in 1947 behind Lucia Bosé who won with Gianna Maria Canale coming second. All 3 went on to become famous actresses although Gina was the most successful on the silver screen
"A woman at 20 is like ice, at 30 she is warm and at 40 she is hot"
"I've had many lovers and still have romances. I am very spoiled. All my life, I've had too many admirers"
"We are all born to die, the difference is the intensity with which we choose to live"
"I do what I like now. I just don't have time for it all"
"I have experience seducing nephews"
"After Sheba, all other roles will certainly seem tame and anticlimactic"
"Popularity has a bright side, it unlocks many doors"
"Glamour is when a man knows a woman is a woman"
"I knew right away that Rock Hudson was gay when he did not fall in love with me"
"Sophia Loren plays peasants. I play ladies"
"I want to leave a souvenir of my life"
"Love - The best cosmetics"
Great quotes are not where you find great wisdom. It's where you share this knowledge that counts