Pat Boone was the smooth singing clean cut all American boy who stormed the charts in the 1950's with only the legendary Elvis Presley selling more records than Boone. While Elvis lorded it as The King of rock and roll Boone has often been cited as the midwife who sang great songs that could not otherwise get airplay due to the racial divide in 1950's America. He famously recorded Fats Domino's "Ain't That a Shame" and Little Richard's "Tutti Frutti" amongst many others and made them hits which gave money to Boone but just as important was the credence given to the original black American artists who were starting to emerge in their own right. The 1960's saw Boone's music take a more religious turn which suited his conservative stance on most things in life. He was a wholesome character who advertisers trusted and this earned him many lucrative contracts including being the face of that all American car the Chevrolet. He may have been a safe choice with a wholesome character but he was still good for a one liner, so here is my compilation of 10 of the best Pat Boone quotes
- Mini Bio
- Name: Charles Eugene Boone
- Born: 1st June 1934, Jacksonville, Florida, U.S.
- Occupation: Singer, composer and actor
- Stage name: Pat Boone
- Instrument: Vocals
- Genre: Soft pop, country and gospel
- Height: 5' 9½" (1.77 m)
- Firsts: He had the first million selling record that contained religious lyrics
- Typecast: He was invariably cast as a goody two shoes with a squeaky clean image
- Trivia: In every movie he starred in he never got it on with any of his leading ladies and he had it written into the contracts that the director or producer could not force him to kiss another actress due to his religious beliefs
- Quotes about Pat Boone: President Ronald Reagan said of him; "You have given most of your life to other people.... 1000's of people have been helped and bettered, truly this is the real music that you have given to the world"
"Don't trust anyone over 30"
"The movies television and music we used to produce created an image of America that the world envied, now the millions around the world call us the Great Satan"
"There's something about me that makes a lot of people want to throw up"
"It seemed that my wife was always pregnant until we found out what was causing it"
"When you get married you forget about kissing other women"
"I never wanted to make a depressing or immoral film"
"The greatest thing is not to believe in Santa Claus; it is to be Santa Claus"
"The Christmas spirit - love - changes hearts and lives"
"I would say Reagan was the best, and certainly Clinton the worst"
"Every battle, every victory has been won"
Great quotes are not where you find great wisdom. It's where you share this knowledge that counts