The 1970's was quite a decade for O.J. Simpson, he was at the pinnacle of his career with his athleticism and natural ability storming in touch downs on the football field while Hollywood was beckoning to cash in on and his good looks, charisma and box office appeal. The world was at his feet and it seemed he could do no wrong as he was in demand as a sportscaster and advertising endorsements were rolling in. The 1980's were good to O.J. also with roles such as playing Detective Nordberg in The Naked Gun trilogy starting in 1988 enhancing his acting prowess. The tabloids loved to run stories about him and he was good for box office until the wheels came tumbling off in 1994 with the murders of his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman. Simpson became a prime suspect and was subsequently arrested after possible the slowest police chase in criminal history. The subsequent trial was also big box office with 150 million viewers sat down with popcorn watching the verdict unfold. The trial polarised people and much debate was aired about the not guilty verdict. In a separate trial in 2007 O.J. was imprisoned for 33 years for kidnapping, assault and robbery, he served 9 years and was released on parole. Like him or loathe him he has given extra meaning to the description 'Marmite character' and he was good for a one liner too, so here is my compilation of 10 of the best O.J. Simpson quotes
- Mini Bio
- Name: Orenthal James Simpson
- Born: 9th July 1947, San Francisco, California
- Alma mater: University of Southern California
- Occupation: American footballer and actor
- Position: Running back
- Nickname: O.J. and The Juice
- Height: 6' 1" (1.85m)
- Trivia: In June 1994 O.J. was involved in the most watched live car pursuit in world history with an estimated audience of 95 million, the TV stations were cancelling live sporting contests and TV shows just to broadcast the live slow speed pursuit to the amazement of an enthralled audience
- Famous quote about O.J Simpson: Kim Kardashian; "O.J. was Uncle O.J. to us, Nicole was Aunt Nicole. We felt like we were really in the middle of this trial"
"Virtually every participant [of the trial] except me seems to have gotten rich"
"The day you take complete responsibility for yourself, the day you stop making any excuses, that's the day you start to the top"
"I don't understand what I did wrong except live a life that everyone is jealous of"
"Women are my biggest defenders. It's that bad-boy syndrome. Now girls chase me"
"I'm enjoying the money, the big house, the cars; What ghetto kid wouldn't?"
"Money takes wings. The only thing that endures is character"
"In America you get as much justice as you can afford"
"I think I've been a great citizen"
"I'm absolutely, 100 percent, not guilty"
"If there wasn't no fight, there wasn't no weekend"
Great quotes are not where you find great wisdom. It's where you share this knowledge that counts