Ice Cube was born and raised in South Central Los Angeles who as a teenager did well to avoid the peer pressure of drugs and gun crime that so many of his friends got caught up in. His love of sports and music shone through and he caught the crest of a musical revolution when he teamed up with his friends and fellow L.A. rappers to form N.W.A. who shot to fame on a crescendo of hard hitting rap lyrics that sold millions of records. As soon as it got going he left N.W.A. despairing at the volume of sales compared to how little money he earned so he started his own label and he went from hit to hit and into the movie industry. With no credible acting training he relied on his natural abilities and his intense staring eyes gained him role after role as he became box office gold. His entrepreneurial acumen has seen him open many diverse doors from endorsing alcohol products to his own clothing line, he has proved himself successful on many fronts. He has packed a lot into his career making it interesting research compiling my list of 8 of the best Ice Cube quotes.
- Mini Bio
- Name: Ice Cube
- Born: 15th June 1969, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Occupation: Rapper, actor, producer and screenwriter
- Breakthrough: His first big break came with the rap band N.W.A in the 1980's with their mega hit album 'Straight Outta Compton'
- Movie break: His first big movie role was as Doughboy in the 1991 film Boyz n the Hood
- Entrepreneurial record: He owns his own record label Lench Mob Records and founded his own production company CubeVision as well as owning his own clothing label Solo by Cube
- Trivia: He legally changed his birth name O'Shea Jackson to Ice Cube, the origins of his new name date back to his elder brother nicknaming him Ice Cube because his cool demeanour belied his young age
"Truth is the ultimate power. When the truth comes around, all the lies have to run and hide"
"Create your own path, hone your talent, be ready to show your talent, and don't doubt yourself"
"To me, reality is better than being fake"
"When you're talking to lions, you can't meow like a pussycat"
"The worst thing you can do about a situation is nothing"
"Rap is just somebody getting something off his chest. That's all it is"
"If you think about stuff that happened when you were young, it stays with you forever"
"Sports without music is just a game. Music makes it entertaining"
Great quotes are not where you find great wisdom. It's where you share this knowledge that counts