Uma Thurman grew up in an atmosphere steeped in Buddhism with her father being a professor and one of the foremost academics on Buddhism in America. Her family relocated a few times making her the perpetual new kid in school and this gave focus to other kids to tease her about her height and large feet. Thurman found acting to be the perfect escapism to the classroom brickbats and in drama classes she began to excel. Her long slender frame was to give her initial success as a model and she appeared twice on the cover of Vogue magazine. Her good looks had a certain magnetism that was better suited to the rolling camera and it was not long until she started winning minor roles in movies. Her role as Cecile in Dangerous Liaisons was her first to receive critical acclaim and this led her to receiving more good offers for movie roles. Pulp Fiction was the movie where she shot to stardom and her haunted beauty made her perfect for the lead role in Kill Bill Volumes 1 and 2. Her look is her differentiating factor that makes her unique and easy to cast for roles and she gives an all new meaning to the saying 'if looks could kill'. She doesn't always use her looks to communicate so here is my compilation of 8 of the best Uma Thurman quotes.
- Mini Bio
- Name: Uma Karuna Thurman
- Born: 29th April 1970, Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.
- Occupation: Actress and model
- Activism: She supports gun control laws and has participated in various end gun violence campaigns
- Famous for: Her blue eyes, long blonde hair, shapely model like figure and size eleven feet
- Box office: Her three biggest movies at the box office were; Pulp Fiction, Batman and Robin and Kill Bill volume 1
- Trivia: Her middle name Karuna is derived from Buddhism it means 'compassion', and her first name Uma means 'Daughter Of The Himalayas
"We never left a set until we'd trashed it"
"As they say in gambling, I've gotten to stay at the table. I've hung in! They pull the plug on people all the time. The sky hook comes out, and it's all over"
"I still love the people I’ve loved, even if I cross the street to avoid them"
"Change is usually preceded by some kind of drift"
"When people tell me I'm beautiful, I do not believe a word of it"
"It is better to have a relationship with someone who cheats on you than with someone who does not flush the toilet"
"I was an escapee of childhood. I always wanted to grow up"
"Desperation is the perfume of the young actor. It's so satisfying to have gotten rid of it"
Great quotes are not where you find great wisdom. It's where you share this knowledge that counts