Quentin Tarantino is an American movie director with his films having a penchant for violence and the vulgarities of the street. Paradoxically he sees his movies as being a million miles away from inspiring people to violence whilst blaming the lack of gun control combined with unstable minds as being the main reason for high levels of gun violence in America. Whether you like or loathe his movies the awards and the acclaim they have received speak for themselves, he has been described as the greatest director of his generation and he has revived the flagging careers of many a fine actor. He has never been short of a word or two so it was interesting selecting my compilation of eight of the best Quentin Tarantino quotes.
- Mini Bio
- Name: Quentin Jerome Tarantino
- Born: 27th March 1963, Knoxville, Tennessee, U.S.
- Occupation: Director and screenwriter
- Top 3 box office hits: Django Unchained $425m, Inglourious Basterds $321m and Pulp Fiction $213m
- Shock event: Denying violent movies inspire violence in real life
- Favourite movie by other director: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Trivia: Has stated he would like the opportunity to direct a James Bond movie
"I was just this video-store guy and now I was actually making movies"
"I didn't go to film school, i went to films"
"In real life there are no bad guys. Everybody just has their own perspective"
"I steal from every movie ever made"
"If you want to make a movie, make it. Don't wait for a grant, don't wait for the perfect circumstances, just make it"
"If you just love movies enough, you can make a good one"
"Violence is one of the most fun things to watch"
"If a million people see my movie, I hope they see a million different movies"