Terry Crews was the kid from Flint Michigan who gained an art scholarship yet still managed to make the grade in American football as a linebacker. It was never an easy ascent up the ladder of success but Crews used his artistic skills and physical prowess to prosper in two polar opposite professions. His first job was a court room sketcher for what is dubbed as the worst murder case in Flint Michigan history and as an artist he has used his skills to create many great works of art that has included the front cover of Ad Age magazine's "Creativity 50" Edition and portraits of famous sporting stars, he also co-owns a design company called Bernhardt Design. His movie roles have ranged from comedies to parodies to action heroes using his impeccable physique and deep strong voice to great effect that has seen the script offerings keep rolling in. He has also penned a book entitled "Manhood" where he shares his ideas on how to be a better father, a loving husband and live the life of a great man. Terry is a man of many talents and he is also good for a good one liner, so here is my compilation of 10 of the best Terry Crews quotes
- Mini Bio
- Name: Terrence Alan Crews
- Born: 30th July 1968, Flint, Michigan, U.S.
- Alma mater: Interlochen Center for the Arts and Western Michigan University
- Occupation: American footballer, artist and actor
- Artistic work: A skilled sketch artist and painter he was employed as a courtroom sketch artist and during his football playing days he was commissioned to paint portraits of famous footballers
- Marriage resume: Rebecca King 1990 until present day (5 children)
- Height: 6' 2" (1.88 m)
- Football career: He played for the L.A. Rams, San Diego Chargers, Rhein Fire (European NFL Germany), Washington Redskins and Philadelphia Eagles
- Position: Linebacker
- Break out role: The movie that really got his acting career moving was when he played Damon Pearly in the 2002 movie "Friday After Next" starring Ice Cube
- Trivia: In 2016 Terry became the face and the body for the Old Spice commercials
- Quote about Terry Crews: The actor Andy Samberg said of him; "He's a miracle. Terry's the best guy, I am proud to know him"
"Do what you love and you will be badass"
"Trying to be cool is the easiest path to mediocrity"
"Get very comfortable with that uneasy feeling of going against the grain and trying something new. It will constantly take you places you never thought you could go"
"You have to work with the stereotype. The stereotype gets you paid, it gets you in the business"
"I am an official slow-roasted honey-baked ham. Ever since I was a kid, my thing is that I love attention"
"You get better at working by working. And if you don't work, you're not getting better"
"From now on, I’m taking my shot …No matter what, I’m taking my shot"
"The reality is you get zero points for intentions"
"There's drama in everything. That's why I love movies"
"Dreams do come true. It takes a lot of work. But it can happen"