Michio Kaku was born to Japanese parents in San Jose California in 1947 and he excelled academically with a special interest in science that came to the fore when he attempted to create antimatter through a beam of gamma rays at a New Mexico science fair. It earned him an engineering scholarship that eventually led to him graduating from Harvard university. He spent years researching quantum mechanics and published scores of articles in scientific journals that ultimately resulted in him becoming the public face of science on television and radio. His flowing silver locks make easy viewing on the screen and his efforts to popularise science have proved so successful he has appeared on every major talk show and news channel across the planet. Add in the many documentaries he has starred in on the Discovery channels, the History channel and the Science channel to name but a few and you can see a populariser of science becoming the most popular scientist on the planet. Researching his talks on everything from quantum mechanics to aliens made it very enjoyable compiling this list of the ten best Michio Kaku quotes.
- Mini Bio
- Name: Michio Kaku
- Born: 24th January 1947, San Jose, California, U.S.
- Alma mater: Harvard University and University of California, Berkeley
- Achievements: Co-founder of String Field Theory
- Occupation: Theoretical physicist, author and professor at City College of New York
- Ambition: To complete a single equation which unifies the four fundamental forces in the universe, which was Einstein's "theory of everything"
- Famous as: The man who popularised science
- Trivia: He was drafted to the army during the Vietnam war and he completed his basic training but the war ended before he saw active duty
"Common sense has no place in Quantum Mechanics"
"What do oil company executives, vampires and NASA bureaucrats all have in common? They fear solar energy"
"You can actually feel your IQ get lower as you watch TV"
"Music is the voice of God traveling through ten-dimensional hyperspace"
"Math is the language of nature, so we have to learn this language"
"If appearance and essence were the same thing, there would be no need for science"
"Once confined to fantasy and science fiction, time travel is now simply an engineering problem"
"All kids are born geniuses, but are crushed by society"
"Sitting on your shoulders is the most complicated object in the known universe"
"I believe we exist in a multiverse of universes"
Great quotes are not where you find great wisdom. It's where you share this knowledge that counts