The road to fame for Liam Neeson was one of gradual procession from the theatres of Belfast and Dublin where eventually his acting prowess was spotted by the director John Boorman who offered him a role in his upcoming 1981 movie Excalibur and the stage was set for the boy from Ballymena to act his way to the top of his profession as a leading man in Hollywood. Neesons list of big box office movies is impressive from his nominated academy award role in Schindler's List to the star studded Gangs Of New York with a galactic trip in Star Wars all the way to his Taken trilogy it has shown the versatility of this talented actor. His distinctive gravelly voice is much in demand as a narrator and for animated characters where he played the voice of Aslan in the Narnia film series. Great actors also crack some great one liners and when they are at the top of their game their words are given extra meaning as everyone wants to hear what they have to say. So here is my compilation of 10 of the best Liam Neeson quotes
- Mini Bio
- Name: Liam John Neeson
- Born: 7th June 1952, Ballymena, County Antrim, Northern Ireland
- Occupation: Actor
- Alma Mater: Queen's University Belfast
- Sport: He was an amateur boxer from the age of 9 until his last fight at the age of 17
- Drama school: He graduated from Dublins Gaiety School of Drama
- Big break: John Boorman spotted him performing at Dublins Abbey theatre and offered him the role of Sir Gawain in the 1981 movie Excalibur
- Trivia: Neeson made his professional acting debut at the Belfast Lyric Players' Theatre in 1976 in a play called The Risen People
"I don't do my own stunts, but I do my own fighting. I don't consider fighting to be a stunt"
"I'm not hunting. I'm the opposite of a - what would a male cougar be? Is there such a thing? Whatever it is, I'm not that"
"Northern Ireland is the world’s best kept secret, both in the character of its people and its scenery"
"Being Irish and a citizen of the world, has made me truly appreciate Irish culture, music and history"
"I never did think of myself as handsome, terribly attractive, yes, but not handsome"
"It was great to work with Steven Spielberg: I formed a close relationship with him"
"You are not what you were born, but what you have it in yourself to be"
"I'm a big believer in acts of kindness, no matter how small"
"Your compassion is a weakness your enemies will not share"
"Men fear most what they cannot see"
Great quotes are not where you find great wisdom. It's where you share this knowledge that counts