Keith Relf will always be remembered in glowing terms as a singer, guitarist, and harmonica player with the band The Yardbirds. Relf was a founder member of The Yardbirds who became famous with a number of top ten hits throughout the sixties. The Yardbirds line up changed quite a bit and they sported an A-list of guitarists with Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck all wielding the axe for the band. The Yarbirds broke up in 1968 and Relf formed a few more bands but never again was he to rise to the heights of The Yardbirds former glory years. He died in tragic circumstances when he was electrocuted while playing his guitar at home in 1976. Gone but never forgotten so here is my list of six of the best Keith Relf quotes.
- Mini Bio
- Name: Keith Relf
- Born: 22nd March 1943, Richmond, Surrey, England
- Died: 14th May 1976, London, England
- Occupation: Singer, songwriter and musician
- Instruments: Vocals, harmonica, bass guitar, guitar, keyboards, percussion
- Trivia: He died of electrocution while playing his guitar in the basement of his London home
"Those days they used to book tours with a map of the U.S. and a dart"
"Yesterday's kiss will be cold by tomorrow"
"There was about six acts piled into the bus with people sleeping in the luggage racks"
"I think we crossed the American continent about three times"
"We loved Hollywood 'cos even this time of year the temperatures about 18 in the shade"
"We played in front of about 12,000 people in Pittsburgh"