Harrison Ford first made his name in 1970's sci-fi movies and gradually progressed to become the all action hero that the big directors knew they could rely on. His on screen presence coupled with his all action style and world weary facial expressions made him the ideal choice for the thriller genre of movie during the 1980's. Big actors who play the big roles are always good for a quotable one liner, so here is my compilation of the 10 best Harrison Ford quotes.
- Mini Bio
- Name: Harrison Ford
- Born: 13th July 1942, Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
- Occupation: Actor and movie producer
- Alma mater: Ripon College
- Other skills: He worked as a skilled carpenter for many years before becoming a movie star and he even built his own ranch house in Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Three: He is the only actor to have worked with the big 3 movie makers Francis Ford Coppola, George Lucas and Steven Spielberg. Of the 3 leading stars in the original Star Wars trilogy he was the only one to appear in all 3 movies without signing a contract. He has starred in 3 movies containing the word "Force"; Force 10 from Navarone (1978), Air Force One (1997) and Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)
- Aviation: Ford is a licenced pilot of both fixed wing aircraft and helicopters. In 2000 he saved the life of a dehydrated 20-year-old hiker called Sarah George who he rescued from Table Mountain nearby his Wyoming ranch
- Trivia: Of all Fords blockbuster movies he considers his 1986 film The Mosquito Coast to be his all time favourite
"The Force is within you. Force yourself"
"Whoever had the bright idea of putting Indiana Jones in a leather jacket and a fedora in the jungle ought to be dragged into the street and shot"
"I'm very surprised and delighted at the luck I've had. I've been enormously lucky. I've had a long run. And now I have a chance to play old guy"
"We all have big changes in our lives that are more or less a second chance"
"I realized early on that success was tied to not giving up"
"Behind every great man is a woman. Telling him he's not so hot"
"To me, success is choice and opportunity"
"The loss of anonymity is something that nobody can prepare you for"
"As a man I've always felt Irish, as an actor I've always felt Jewish"
"I never feel sexy. I have a distant relationship with the mirror"
Great quotes are not where you find great wisdom. It's where you share this knowledge that counts