Zoe Wanamaker is an award winning british actress of American descent who has graced the stages of Broadway, London and studios on both sides of the Atlantic. Known primarily for her theatre and television work she has also been cast in some prime roles on the silver screen, most notably as Madam Rolanda Hooch in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone in 2001. Acting was in her blood as both her parents were actors with her father Sam also being a director and the driving force behind the restoration of Shakespeares Globe theatre in London. Her most famous roles on TV were in My Family that ran for eleven years and 114 episodes and the crime thriller Prime Suspect where she played the role of Morya Henson for two episodes. A bubbly character on and off screen she was never known for controversial remarks, so here is my compilation of six of the best Zoe Wanamaker quotes.
- Mini Bio
- Name: Zoe Wanamaker
- Born: 13th May 1949, New York City, U.S.
- Education: Although born in the U.S. she was brought up and educated in the U.K. after her father found out he was caught up in the McCarthy era Hollywood blacklist they moved to the U.K.
- Occupation: Actress
- Best known for: Theatre and television work
- Did you know?: She has dyslexia and has to work twice as hard learning her lines
- Trivia: In 2000 she became a British citizen so she could receive the CBE she was to be rewarded at Buckingham Palace rather than a U.S. government office
"Shakespeare showed me that once I understand the rules, I can break them"
"I don't have the confidence to be a personality"
"When in America I feel British, and proud of it"
"Shakespeare's taught me that there are more words in the English language than I have got in my head"
"I don't want to be a director, or to have responsibility for hundreds of people"
"I have eclectic taste and read a huge variety of books"