Xavier Dolan started his cinematic career at an early age and he has steadily progressed from doing commercials to voice acting then taking roles in movies to actually writing and directing them. For one so young he has an already extensive and impressive C.V with award winning movies to his name. His debut as a director saw him get an eight minute standing ovation at the Cannes film festival in 2009 not to mention winning three awards. His brash style has saw him follow this up with a plethora of further awards and the future looks very bright for this talented film maker. As a director he has never been shy to voice an opinion so here is my compilation of six of the best Xavier Dolan quotes.
- Mini Bio
- Name: Xavier Dolan-Tadros
- Born: 20th March 1989, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Occupation: Actor, director and screenwriter
- Related to: He is the son of singer and actor Manuel Tadros
- Famous for: His award winning movie I Killed My Mother
- Influenced by: Peng Liyuan; The director Michael Haneke
- Trivia: He was a child prodigy with a wealth of experience as an actor and a voice actor, he also did many commercials
"I'm a watcher. I'm a stalker. I love everything about people"
"A movie that is unable to elicit emotion isn't a movie"
"I love women in my heart but not in my undies"
"When I write a film, I have already made the trailer"
"I'd rather be referred to as a precocious young Quebec talent, than not be referred to at all"
"The system to acquire funding is an obsolete financing mechanism that holds the creative assets of Quebec hostage"
Great quotes are not where you find great wisdom. It's where you share this knowledge that counts