Usher is the Texas born singer and songwriter that first came to prominence as a child protégé which led to his first album (Usher) to be released at the tender age of fifteen. Although his 1994 debut album was not a commercial success it was plain to see that this was a very talented individual that had a great future ahead of him. His second album "My Way" released in 1997 was the album that really put Usher on the map spending three weeks at number one on the Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart. With his first commercial success under his belt his svelte like voice has proven to be the jewel in his crown that has kept him at the forefront of the R&B scene ever since. The agility in his velvety voice is quite remarkable but a good voice alone is no guarantee of success and Usher was prepared to work hard on all aspects of his persona which has resulted in the star quality people now witness when he takes to the stage. He also employed an experienced vocal coach called Jan Smith who was quoted as saying of Usher: "The single most gifted singer I've ever worked with in 26 years". A grand endorsement indeed, but it is not just behind the microphone that Usher has been successful as his acting career has seen him grace a Broadway stage, take roles in various TV shows and act on the silver screen. He has also been very good for a one liner, so here is my compilation of 15 of the best Usher quotes
- Mini Bio
- Name: Usher Raymond IV
- Born: 14th October 1978, Dallas, Texas, U.S.
- Occupation: Singer, songwriter and actor
- Nicknames: Big Ush, Big Tyme, King Of R&B and The Godson Of Soul
- Marriage resume: Tameka Foster 2007 - 2009 (divorced) and Grace Miguel 2015 - 2018 (announced separation)
- Instrument: Vocals
- Vocal Range: D2 - G5 (Bb5)
- Vocal Type: Leggero Tenor (3 octaves, 2 notes)
- Genre: R&B and pop music
- Sports: He is a co-owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers who play in the NBA
- Major awards: He has won 18 Billboard Music Awards and 8 Grammy Awards including 2 Grammy's in consecutive years for Best Male R&B Performance with "U Remind Me" in 2002 and "U Don't Have To Call" in 2003
- Height: 5' 7½" (1.71 m)
- Trivia: In 2007 he supported and assisted Barack Obama with his presidential campaign by launching the "Change in the South" campaign at Georgia Tech in Atlanta. He was vocal in supporting Obama all the way to his eventual January 2009 inauguration as president
- Quote about Usher: Vocal coach Jan Smith said of him; "He's a remarkable vocal specimen and he understands it now"
"Strivers achieve what dreamers believe"
"You evolve or you evaporate"
"I'm a sponge, the more I absorb, the more I am able to articulate my vision, as artists do, like Picasso. I'm an artist in that light. I went from being an artist to an artiste"
"Success is about dedication.... You've got to be willing to have vision and foresight that leads you to an incredible end"
"Success is all about having the confidence to shoot for something even if it seems impossible"
"Breaking up is a natural evolution when you try to figure out what you want in life"
"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't make them all yourself"
"The best present a man can give a woman is his undivided attention"
"Sleeping is forbidden at the age of 22. It's all work and no play"
"We all possess exactly what we need to be our greatest selves"
"My philosophy is I'm raising future adults, not children"
"I'm a flamboyant type of guy, a cooler version of Liberace"
"Singing is an acting role within itself"
"Down time is not the name of the game"
"You can't fake being a star"
Great quotes are not where you find great wisdom. It's where you share this knowledge that counts