Jimmy Boyles story is as extraordinary as it is inspiring, from plumbing the depths of the notorious Barlinnie prison to a best selling author and world renowned sculptor he has been known for a few good one liners. Here is my compilation of six of the best Jimmy Boyle quotes.
- Mini Bio
- Name: Jimmy Boyle
- Born: 17th May 1944, Gorbals, Glasgow, Scotland
- Occupation: Author, artist and sculptor
- Famous for: Helping released prisoners integrate into society and selling his artwork on the international market
- Shock event: Serving a life sentence for a murder he did not commit and not 'grassing' on the real killer
- Trivia: His book A Sense Of Freedom made it to the silver screen in the 1979 movie of the same name
"There is no doubt about it, these animals are trying to destroy me mentally. Blows come in psychological form, ripping through my defences, tearing me apart internally"
"The best of luck to them if they get a few quid for it - it's better than pulling someone's teeth out"
"I went to prison and did life for something I didn't do"
"I wore that silence like a badge of honour. I was a good guy, and I wouldn't grass, but it's mental, crazy; it's so sordid"
"I was never able to make up for those absent years, no matter how much I tried"
"I ask myself what was that all about? All that violence, theft, anger and hatred for territorial gain when in fact none of us own anything"