Jason Miller was an award winning playwright who shot to fame in the early 1970's for his brilliant portrayal of the priest Father Damien Karras in the horror movie The Exorcist. His love for theatre was never far from his mind and he wrote and starred in many plays throughout his career which included working as artistic director with the Scranton Public Theatre (Scranton was his home town). He was an inspired writer and some of his one liners were also very thought provoking so it was a joy creating my compilation of six of the best Jason Miller quotes, I hope you enjoy them.
- Mini Bio
- Name: Jason Miller
- Born: 22nd April 1939, Long Island City, New York, U.S.
- Died: 13th May 2001, Scranton, Pennsylvania, U.S.
- Occupation: Playwright, character actor and director
- Famous for: His riveting role as Father Damien Karras in the 1973 movie The Exorcist
- Awards: 1973 was a good year for him as he received 2 awards for his play That Championship Season, the first was the Pulitzer Prize and the second was the Tony Award for author of best play
- Trivia: Only 8 actors have had an Oscar nomination for playing a priest and Jason Miller is in this list for his role in The Excorcist
"New York was the capital of my imagination, the El Dorado of my mind"
"Its rhythm and vitality suit me. I need this element of risk for survival since perhaps it is the city's dangers that force me to creativity"
"On my tombstone I'll put; It's all a paper moon"
"I'd prefer that when I take the bus to another zone, I go further. I'm not interested in coming back"
"I think The Exorcist in someway is not a genre horror film. It’s something else. It’s more of a philosophical horror film"
"I went to New York to do something. And I did it"