Isabella Rossellini was born into a royal family of the silver screen with parents of the prestige of the three time Oscar winning actress Ingrid Bergman and renowned Italian director Roberto Rossellini, it could have been said in the stars she was destined for big things to come and she was. Although she made her screen debut with a small part in the movie that was starring her mother (A Matter Of Time in 1976) it was without any parental influence when she made her big break through as a model. At the age of 28 she appeared on the front cover of Vogue magazine and the mysterious beauty of her look really shone through and soon the modelling offers came rolling in. She became the spokesperson for Lancome and during this busy period in her career she played some of her more memorable movie roles. In 1985 she was cast in White Nights and the following year saw her star in Blue Velvet to much acclaim. The TV beckoned also and she guest starred in a variety of shows including playing herself in one episode of Friends. She showed her versatility when she wrote and acted in a low budget production she called Green Porno for the Sundance Channel, it was an instant hit and she went on to make 18 episodes. Other notable attributes include acting in theatre and writing three books. She has packed a lot into her career making it interesting research compiling my list of 9 of the best Isabella Rossellini quotes.
- Mini Bio
- Name: Isabella Fiorella Elettra Giovanna Rossellini
- Born: 18th June 1952, Lazio, Rome, Italy
- Famous parents: Roberto Rossellini and Ingrid Bergman
- Occupation: Actress, model and author
- Unusual fact: She started modeling at the ripe old age of 28 and she eventually became the Face of the international cosmetic brand Lancome
- Famous role: Dorothy Vallens in the movie Blue Velvet by David Lynch
- Trivia: Discovered by photographer Bruce Weber who put her on the front cover of Vogue, from there she appeared on the front cover of all the worlds most fashionable womens magazines
"True elegance is for me the manifestation of an independent mind"
"The web is a double-edged sword. It has a huge potential for distributing content, creating contacts. There are a lot of advantages. The problem is that money is spent on technologies, not on content"
"I didn't want to become an actress because the competition with my mother would have been to much to live up to"
"I made more money as a model than as an actress or as a filmmaker. In monetary terms, beauty pays more than anything"
"None of us only mate or make love to reproduce"
"I believe in a set of values I cannot live by"
"I always wanted to make films about animals - there's not an enormous audience, but there's an enormous audience for sex"
"A celebration of what we have, instead of what we long for. That for me, is glamour"
"Everyone has a dark side to their personalities"