Giorgio Armani was the Italian who rose to the apex of the fashion design world under the umbrella of his brand using his surname. The sleek cut of his clean tailored lines set his work apart from his contemporaries as the Armani brand became one of the strongest labels in the high fashion industry. The legendary designer was also good for a few one liners so here is my compilation of 10 of the best Giorgio Armani quotes. I hope you enjoy reading them
- Mini Bio
- Name: Giorgio Armani
- Born: 11th July 1934, Piacenza, Emilia-Romagna, Italy
- Company: He used his surname as the label for his fashion designs and he first founded his company Armani in 1975
- Height: 5' 7¾" (1.72 m)
- Occupation: Fashion designer
- Awards: He won the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) international award in 1987 and became an Officer of the French Legion of Honour in 2008
- Sport: He is an avid fan of the Italian football team Inter Milan
- Innovation: He became the first high fashion label to broadcast his collection live on the internet in January 2007
- Other works: He was responsible for overseeing the interior design for his luxury hotel brand under the Armani name
- Trivia: Upon hearing that Brazilian model Ana Carolina Reston starved herself to death in 2006 Armani became the first designer to ban models with a body mass index (BMI) below 18
"Elegance doesn’t mean being noticed, it means being remembered"
"To create something exceptional, your mindset must be relentlessly focused on the smallest detail"
"The difference between style and fashion is quality"
"I am very glad that people can buy Armani - even if it's a fake. I like the fact that I'm so popular around the world"
"Acknowledge the elegance of simplicity"
"Remain true to yourself and your philosophy"
"A perfume, for me, is a mystique"
"A woman should always dress to be remembered, not simply to be noticed"
"The essence of style is a simple way of saying something complex"
"Style is the only real luxury, that is really desirable"