Zach Galifianakis is the epitome of stand up black comedy enthusiastically delivering his deadpan self-deprecating dialogue with aplomb that takes you to the edge of surreal nervousness where you sit uncomfortably yet laughing hysterically at the same time. This was the insane line of comedy he walked for many years before his 2009 blockbuster hit The Hangover which elevated him to the A list of comedy icons. Behind the beard is a man of quick wits and intelligence who just happens to contemplate some of lifes more awkward moments in his acting persona. It is his unpredictability that keeps you on the edge of your seat, you never know what will come next from him and with those staring eyes he can easily slip into the most insane roles that Hollywood has to offer. With a caustic tongue and a sense of Machiavellian humour it is difficult to discern whether he is being serious or still in character so it made interesting research compiling my list of eight of the best Zach Galifianakis quotes.
- Mini Bio
- Name: Zachary Knight Galifianakis
- Born: 1st October 1969, Wilkesboro, North Carolina, U.S.
- Occupation: Actor, writer and comedian
- Genre: Alternative comedy
- Best known for: The Hangover trilogy
- Residence: He owns a 60 acre farm in North Carolina he calls Farmageddon
- Trivia: He is claustrophobic and afraid of heights. He once pulled out of a Brazilian press conference for the movie Hangover 3 when he found out the only way up to Morro da Urca in Rio de Janeiro was by cable car.
"You know you have a drinking problem when the bartender knows your name -- and you've never been to that bar before"
"I tend to think of myself as a one-man wolf pack"
"I think there’s a gravitational pull in the entertainment business toward people who are messed up already, and the business makes them even worse"
"I have a lot of growing up to do. I realized that the other day inside my fort"
"I dream of moving to India, or Pakistan, and becoming a cabdriver"
"I'm not even much of a partier. I mean, I'll drink myself into oblivion alone in my car"
"A good stand-up, you lead the audience. You don't kowtow to the audience..... I always think the audience is wrong"
"I think we’re all a bit off-kilter in our own way. Everybody has got an issue, whether they want to admit it or not"
Great quotes are not where you find great wisdom. It's where you share this knowledge that counts